Aerodrome Spilve will live and grow together with the city of Riga. The aerodrome, albeit with minor variations, is included in the urban development plans.
It is planned that Aerodrome Spilve in future may also accept business jets, especially beneficial this would be to the passengers because downtown Riga is within only a few minutes drive.
Aerodrome Spilve development strategy for the period 2012-2013:
• actively advertise and attract flights from the Baltic Sea countries, thus reinforcing the aerodrome's role in the regional air transport;
• by fall 2012 improve ground infrastructure and ground maintenance procedures in order to be operational in all seasons;
• establish AFIS in 2012;
• together with CAA upgrade the airspace model, transforming it from uncontrolled airspace to partially or totally controlled for increased safety;
• install AGL;
• by the beginning of summer 2012 set up the necessary infrastructure for crew and passenger service;
• construct additional aircraft storage hangars;
• attract aircraft maintenance organizations;
• attract more flight schools;
• support the aviation sports and youth involvement in aviation.
Aerodrome license expired.
November 18 1300-1500 (local time) Spilve ATZ will be reserved for airshow activities.
Saturday October 1 from 15.00 (loc.) till 21.00 (loc.) runway will be closed.
Attention! September 13-14 works on pre-threshold area rwy32 will be carried out.
Attn to those flying to Ādaži! Asphalt runway is under maintenance today, use only grass runway!
From August 23 0630 (0330Z) till August 24 0830 (0530Z) aerodrome Spilve, like other surrounding aerodromes, will be closed.